Stitch, Winter 2014
Includes 2 of my mid-century–inspired projects, plus an excerpt from my book.
- Price: $14.99
- Purchase: Buy from Sew Daily
Old becomes new in this issue of Stitch!
With modern takes on vintage and retro designs, the sewing patterns in this issue are all about nods to the past.
The 31 sewing projects in this issue range from home décor pieces like pillows and table runners, to garments such as camisoles and shorts, to a variety of bags. Sections include:
- Edwardian Days – Explore your feminine side with these 4 fine and fancy projects. You will find sewing patterns for skirts and a camisole.
- New Vintage – Give a nod to the past while embracing these 9 clever new ideas. You will find sewing patterns for a few bags, a skirt, a dress, and table décor.
- DIY Denim – Who doesn’t love denim? Call it your own with these 5 groovy remakes. You will find sewing patterns for a jacket, a couple pillows, a bag, and placemats.
- Pining for Patchwork – Pick up your pieces to create these 6 scrap fabric projects. You will find sewing patterns for a couple purses, a quilt, a scarf, a table runner, and even a parka!
- Boudoir – Sit back and enjoy…after you’ve made one of these 5 comfy creations. You will find sewing patterns for shorts, a quilt, a jacket, kid’s pajamas, and an adult onesie.
But the fun doesn’t stop with the sewing patterns! There are also great articles and features in this issue that focus on sewing techniques for a variety of topics:
- Discover handy helpers for your sewing
- Avoid the denim blues with some great tips and tricks
- Learn how to sew luxurious lingerie
- Find a book excerpt from The Quilter’s Applique Workshop
- Find inspiration for chic décor that will fit your budget
- Take a tour of Anna Marie Horner’s studio
- And more!