Best of Stitch: Beautiful Bedrooms
Brighten up your boudoir with 20 sewing projects!
- Price: $26.99
- Purchase: Buy from Sew Daily
- Alternative source: Buy from Amazon
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 144
- Release date: Sunday, May 11, 2014
- ISBN: 9781596687769
Stitch readers can't get enough of pillows and other home décor accessories. Perhaps it's because home décor items are among the most accessible of sewing projects: quick to make, no fitting required, and fun to show off. And what better place to use and showcase these items than where you lay your head? Best of Stitch: Beautiful Bedrooms will bring together a colorful, sensory feast of favorite and fresh projects that are easy on the eye and just a little bit sultry. Readers will learn new skills and find creative ways to make their sleeping quarters a showplace for handmade items. The book will include 5 new and 15 repurposed magazine projects as well as sidebars and tip boxes on specific techniques that are used in the projects, offering tips and troubleshooting advice for construction, hand stitching, working with fabrics, and embellishing. A "Sewing Basics" reference section at the back of the book covers sewing skills necessary for creating all projects.
- Includes 15 favorite projects from Stitch and 5 all-new projects.
- Projects range from beginner to intermediate and offer a large variety of designs: quilts and duvet covers, curtains and shades, pillows and bolsters, and wearable accessories and garments, including a kimono wrap, slippers, and a “zzzakka” eye mask.
- Features projects by many popular designers, including Tricia Waddell, Carol Zentgraf, Linda Permann, Linda Lee, Kevin Kosbab, and Malka Dubrawsky.